Lye relaxers have a higher potential for scalp damage if left on for long, and thus it is best to seek a professional’s help for the process. However, no-lye relaxers are gentler and more suitable for those with sensitive hair and scalp.
Is no lye relaxer good for your hair?
It is gentler on the Scalp – It is less alkaline and has a lower pH than Lye Relaxers, which makes it less abrasive and is not as irritating to the scalp, which means there is less likelihood of getting chemical burns. No-Lye relaxers are recommended for those who: relax their hair at home, have fine hair, and/or.
What is the safest hair relaxer?
Best Overall Hair Relaxer Softsheen-Carson Optimum Care No-Lye. Why we like it: Due to the fact that it generally works well without damaging your hair, it is considered the safest choice to start with when deciding upon using hair relaxers.
What’s the difference between no lye and regular relaxer?
The difference is in the type of chemicals used. In lye relaxers, the active ingredient is sodium hydroxide. In no-lye relaxers, the active ingredient is calcium hydroxide. No-lye relaxer is usually a little milder and good for sensitive scalps, but the calcium can cause hair to be slightly drier.
Which hair relaxer is the best?
Check out our favorite hair relaxers below.
- Best Overall: SoftSheen-Carson Professional Defy Breakage No-Lye Relaxer. …
- Best for All Curls: Mizani Butter Blend Relaxer. …
- Best for Colored Hair: CHI Transformation Solution Formula B. …
- Best for Damaged Hair: Avlon Affirm Fiberguard Sensitive Scalp Crème Relaxer.
What happens if you stop relaxing your hair?
No lye relaxers can still harm the scalp if left on long or applied on to the scalp instead of the hair. Relaxers are irritants and need to be placed on the hair with care. … Many clients who stop relaxing their hair who have flaky scalp, notice less itching and dryness once they stop using relaxers.
Can you mix lye and no lye relaxer?
Lye relaxers never have to be mixed. They come in two types, “no base” formula, and base formulas. Because lye relaxers break down the hair straighter, silky, softer hair will result after completion.
How can I relax my hair without damaging it?
How to Relax Curly Hair without Significant Damage
- Step 2: Strengthen Your Hair. Before you relax your hair, you should use a protein treatment. …
- Step 3: Protect Your Hair! On the day of your relaxer, make sure that you pay close attention to the ends and length of your hair. …
- Step 4: Strand Test Your Hair!
How do you stop relaxed hair from breaking?
5 Ways To Avoid Relaxed Hair Breakage
- Do protein treatments. Not just a protein-based rinse out or deep conditioner, but the hard protein treatments. …
- Stay moisturized. Just like protein, moisture is key. …
- Use a seamless comb. …
- Be careful with the chemicals. …
- Wear looser hairstyles.
How can I relax my hair naturally?
5 Ways To Make Natural Hair Relaxer At Home
- Coconut Cream. Coconut cream is very popular ingredient when it comes to relaxing your hair naturally. …
- Olive Oil Hair Relaxer. One of the most common ingredient used for hair care is the Olive oil. …
- Milk Can Do The Trick. …
- Honey Hair Relaxer. …
- Cocoa Butter Hair Relaxer Recipe.
What relaxers do salons use?
Hydroxide and Thio are the most common types of hair relaxers. Hydroxide relaxer types include sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, lithium hydroxide and guanidine hydroxide. These relaxers can be marketed as base and no base relaxers.
What is the best lye relaxer for black hair?
10 Best Relaxers For Black Hair
- SoftSheen-Carson No-Lye Relaxer.
- Avlon Affirm Sensitive Scalp Conditioning Relaxer.
- SoftSheen Carson Optimum Salon Hair Care No-Lye Relaxer.
- Avlon Fiber Guard Sensitive Scalp Relaxer Kit.
- ORS Olive Oil Professional Creme Relaxer.
- TCB Hair Relaxer.
- Luster’s ShortLooks Color Relaxer.
- Hawaiian Silky No-Lye Relaxer.
20 янв. 2021 г.
Is Lye bad for hair?
Yes, lye is a corrosive substance. And yes, it has also been used to make soap for centuries. … As far as hair relaxers, Schueller says, ones with lye are “the most effective relaxers, and they are only painful if they are left on the scalp too long.
How long does hair relaxer last?
The results vary depending on your hair type, but usually a hair relaxer will leave your hair straight for about six to eight weeks. Unlike other permanent straightening methods, relaxing your hair will require touch-ups from time to time.
Is there a natural relaxer?
NATURAL-LAXER MIX is a 100% Natural and Chemical-Free Natural Hair Relaxer. It is an Eco-friendly Green Market organic product. It’s a gentle natural hair relaxer, and hair strengthener, not straightener. It does not permanently alter the structure of the hair.
How long can you go without a relaxer?
When getting relaxers, it’s recommended that you wait at least twelve weeks between touch-ups; that’s about three months. By that time most people have a significant amount of new growth to minimize the chances of the relaxer over-lapping, and therefore over processing the previously relaxed strands.